Great Ways To Give Back This Holiday Season
Author: Shannon Miller
What better time of year to give back to those in need!
Thank you to our SML Radio guests Mary Alice Phelan Director of Community Relations St. Vincent’s talking about their work with Meals on Wheels, Laurie Price the Executive Director of Hope Haven in Jacksonville, and Tabytha Furyk with the PGA Tour Wives Association discussing Blessings in a Backpack.
If you missed the show you can listen to the radio show archives any time.
If you’re looking for some great ways to give back this holiday season try these ideas:
- Donate can goods to a local food drive
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen
- Send someone a card
- Visit a retirement home or hospital patients
- Ask your local church for the name of a family who might need a thanksgiving food basket and put together some food for them
- Volunteer to go walk a dog at Jax Humane Society
- or take some animal food to the local animal shelter
- or take some old blankets to an animal shelter
- Invite a neighbor who lives alone to spend thanksgiving with you
- Make a TLC bag for a soldier–
What’s your favorite way to give back during the holidays?
- Comment below,
- Tweet me (@SMillerGold)
- or post on facebook!