In The Pink: Helping Women Heal, Cope and Survive.
Author: Shannon Miller
One of the most important ways to battle breast cancer (or any cancer) is support.
I ran across this incredible non-profit boutique and salon in Jacksonville, Florida called “In the Pink” which is dedicated to helping women heal, cope and survive the effects of cancer…physically and emotionally.
Check out these fun and critical offerings from a woman who knows. Owner Jeri Millard is twice a cancer survivor.
- Free monthly LAUGHOLOGY class
- Free weekly YOGA for cancer patients
- Breast prosthetic fittings
- Post-mastectomy bras, swimwear and lingerie
- Post-surgical garments with drain pouches
- Weightless breast forms for post-surgery and leisure wear
- Wig selection and fitting
- Scarves, hats and turbans
- Skincare products developed for radiation and chemotherapy patients
- Salon, which includes free head shaving and wig fitting
- Educational and inspirational books
- Comfortable clothing
- Gifts for patients, families, and caregivers
- Cancer resource center with free computer access
- Lymphedema products
- Compression garment fittings
- Private parties: “Survivor Showers” and “Head Shaving Parties”