I Can See Clearly Now…
Author: Shannon Miller Lifestyle
Just when you think you’ve heard of every exercise under the sun, you learn something new!
Have you ever exercised your eyes?!
You probably have but didn’t think of it as exercising. If you work in front of a computer all day long, you know all to well how important it is to give your eyes a break.
Before your eyes get tired and strained this week at the office, try some of the following:
- Blinking and yawning produce tears which helps to moisten and lubricate the eyes.
- Expose your eyes to natural light. What a concept, right?! Look outside a window every couple of hours or go for a walk outside on your lunch break.
- Sitting in your chair, put your elbows on your desk while holding your arms vertically.
- Cup your hands over your eyes while keeping your eyes shut.
- Inhale slowly through your nose and hold for 4 seconds. Repeat this breathing pattern for 15-30 seconds.
- With your eyes closed, slowly move them to the ceiling and then back to the floor. Repeat this 3 times.
- With your eyes closed, slowly move them to the left and then to the right. Repeat this 3 times.
- Hold one finger a few inches away from the eye and focus on it.
- Slowly move the finger away while still focusing on it.
- Focus on something far away and then back to the finger.
- Slowly move your finger back to only a few inches from your eye.
- Focus on something more than 8 feet away.
- Repeat 3 times.