Quickfire Challenge #12 (The Finale!): Total Body Quick Boot Camp
Author: Shannon Miller Lifestyle
Get the benefit of a tough, boot camp style workout in just a few minutes.
1. Quick warm up: Jog or walk with high knees, alternating with heel lifts to the back.
2. Low shuffles: with feet wide, drop your body down a little lower. Don’t slump over from your spine, just keep the knees bent. The lower body position will be more challenging. Start with quickly switching feet. Just lift the feet a little, keeping that low positioning. On short intervals, drop your elbows to your knees and then go back to shuffling. For more challenge, drop and touch the floor.
3. Moving shuffles: Keep the shuffle moving, but shuffle a count of four to the right and then back. Add a low lunge and floor touch on each side. Watch your feet positioning so that feet and knees stay in alignment.
4. Sandbag or kettlebell: This exercise is best with a sandbag or kettlebell, but a handheld weight can be used in a pinch. Pull the weight from the ground by the foot with both hands. Pull it up to the opposite shoulder level, or a little higher, and then back down to the floor. Do 8-12 reps and then switch sides.
5. Push ups! Boot camp wouldn’t be boot camp without some push ups. Go from your level: wall, bench, floor on knees, or floor on toes, and press them out. If you are on the cusp of moving up a level, start on the harder level, and move down a level when you need to.
6. Sit ups with a weight: Do traditional sit ups from a lying position, using a handheld weight for stability. Make sure to exhale during the work phase of the exercise, pulling the navel in and up, NOT out!
SML TIP: After this quick total body Boot Camp work out, finish your routine with some simple stretches!
This Quickfire Challenge Workout was designed by Carrie Harper, owner of CarrieFit and ACE CertifiedPersonal Trainer and Lifestyle/Weight Management Coach. She is is passionate about wellness education and believes education is power! She tries to give people the best information, and therefore the strongest programs, possible in the fields of health: fitness, wellness, nutrition, energy, and vitality. Visit Carrie’s website to check out her other fitness routines!