Catch More Peaceful Z’s Now!
Author: Shannon Miller
There’s nothing worse than getting woken up…or waking yourself up…by the sound of snoring!
In case you’ve been wondering, what actually happens when someone snores is that there is an obstruction of air flow where the tongue and upper throat meet the soft palate and uvula. Snoring occurs when these structures collide and vibrate during breathing. Fortunately, there are some great self-help remedies for snoring! Check out some below!
Tricks of the Snoring Trade:
- Embrace a healthy and physically active lifestyle in order to develop good muscle tone and to lose weight.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for at least 4 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid eating heavy meals or snacks for at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Establish a regular sleeping schedule.
- Try to sleep on your side instead of your back.
- Elevate the head of your bed 4 inches.
TIP: If snoring presents a problem for you, consider these tricks this week to help you catch more peaceful z’s!
NOTE: The above tips are more likely to benefit the light snorer; if you snore consistently in different positions or negatively affect the quality of your partner’s sleep, you may want to consult your doctor.
Source: “Snoring”, Entnet, 27 Feb 2011.