Eat Fast, Eat Smart!
Author: Shannon Miller
Though we all know we should limit our intake of fast food, on some busy nights it may be all we have time for.
And many fast food restaurants have some healthy options if you just look past the traditional super-sized extra greasy fries and hamburger meals! For example, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and Chick-fil-A have fruit and salad side item options.
Check out the following tips that can help you to eat fast but smart.
- Nix the value-sized or super-sized meals
- Go with a grilled chicken or small plain burger over a fried chicken sandwich
- Try garden or grilled chicken salads with light or reduced calorie dressings
- Instead of soda, drink water or milk (fat-free or low-fat)
- Choose mustard over mayonnaise
- Order a fruit cup
TIP: Make your health a priority no matter where you eat!