Household Cure-Alls: Vinegar
Author: Shannon Miller
We’re all looking for a way to save a little “green”.
Coupons and weekly sales are great ways to save on household items.
Another way to save is to use cure-all items.
What if there was one item that you could use for multiple purposes? Don’t spend money on several different products when one can work just fine. One fantastic cure-all item is vinegar. What’s so special about vinegar? 1
- Vinegar as a cleanser. To get rid of invading odors and soap scum, run a cup of white vinegar through your dishwasher every month.
- Out darn spot, out! Get those pesky mustard, ketchup, spaghetti, and barbeque stains out of your kids clothes, by applying equal parts white vinegar.
- Battling insect bites and stings with vinegar. Dip a cotton ball in white distilled vinegar and apply to insect bites and stings; doing this will take away the itching sensation that pesky insects are infamous for leaving behind.
- Forget cold medicine, go for the vinegar! When battling congestion this cold season, try boiling a pot of water mixed with several spoons of vinegar and then breathing in the mist that is emitted.
- Not just for humans. Soak your cat litter box every week with a 1/2 inch of white vinegar; this clever trick will help with the foul odor that often wafts from the cat litter.