Steamed Orange Roughy with Grilled Vegetables
Author: Shannon Miller
Soy sauce, ginger and garlic add great flavor to these marinated orange roughy fillets. The grilled summer vegetables make a perfect addition to this simple yet colorful meal.
4 Sea Best Orange Roughy Fillets, thawed
½ cup soy sauce
2 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
3 teaspoons salt, divided
2 medium zucchini, cut into ½” slices
2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into ½” slices
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch scallions, ends trimmed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Marinate Sea Best Orange Roughy Fillets in the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic; cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat gas grill to high.
- Place steamer basket over ½” of simmering (not boiling) water in a medium saucepan; cover.
- Season fish on both sides with 1-½ teaspoons salt. Place fish in steamer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toss zucchini and summer squash in olive oil; add remaining salt.
- Grill the zucchini, summer squash and scallions for 3 minutes on each side for deep grill marks. Place zucchini and summer squash in a bowl. Chop scallions; add to the bowl. Stir in lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Serve fish with grilled vegetables.
Recipe courtesy Sea Best Seafood