Wise Summer Choices
Author: Shannon Miller
Between the sun and the heat, there are many things we might do differently over the summer that we aren’t really concerned about any other time of the year.
Sun and heat are kind of like out of town relatives – they might be OK at first, but eventually they over-stay their welcome!
So, in order to “make nice” with the sun and heat for the rest of the summer, follow these quick tips…
- Do some early morning or early evening physical activity or…
- Go to an air conditioned gym, do water workouts, or do a fitness video in the comfort of your own air conditioned home.
- To protect your face from the sun, wear broad-brimmed hats.
- Use sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB. Reapply frequently.
- Use sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB.
- When outdoors during peak sunlight hours, try to stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after working out.
- And just for your overall health, consume plenty of in-season fruits and vegetables.