It’s As Easy As A-B-C!
Author: Shannon Miller
The New Year has come and gone.
But are we still living in last year’s clutter? It’s not easy to get organized, particularly if there’s a mountain of stuff to go through.
So where do we begin? Remember, every journey starts with a single step…you have to start somewhere!
Check out the A-B-C system below from Good Housekeeping that can be used for getting a handle on those messy cabinets and closets!
- Arrange items into 3 piles:
- A: Always used
- B: Used seasonally, for the holidays, or for other special occasions
- C: Not seen or used in 1 year
- What to do with each pile:
- A: Move these items to the front so they are readily available when you need them.
- B: Move these items to the back, so they aren’t in your way on a daily basis, but you know where to find them when the time comes.
- C: Unless they hold true sentimental value, donate these items, or throw them away.